Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Configure WCF for IIS on Windows 8

I have encountered with this issue when I was trying to deploy a WCF service on a fresh Windows 8.1 machine.


My next action was to try registering ASP.Net applications for IIS using ASP.Net IIS Registration tool (aspnet_regiis -i) as all the IIS default components have been already installed and functioning.

I've installed the below options in .Net Framework 4.5 Advanced Services from the Windows Features (as described in this msdn blog) and my WCF service got up and running.


If you are a console lover, you can use these commands in command prompt to enable the HTTP Activation.

C:\> DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:WCF-HTTP-Activation
C:\> DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:WCF-HTTP-Activation45

No comments:

Post a Comment